Welcome to Crazy Ants!
- First of all, let us give you a brief introduction to Crazy Ants. This is an online platform which provides affordable & quality freelance services to people and brands.
- This agreement is the “user terms” that apply to the actions of providing services and purchasing services on Crazy Ants.
- In this context, the “site” refers to www.crazyants.asia. While “we”, “us”or “Crazy Ants” are always referred to the owner of the website.
- A member who purchases a service is known as a “buyer”. While a registered member who provides services is known as a “Freelancer” (additional terms apply for freelancers). When we refer to “you” in these user terms we refer to all users of the website including registered members, buyers, and freelancers.
- Our user terms apply to all users of the site regardless you’re a registered member or not. The user terms are between you and Crazy Ants. Please read and understand our user terms carefully as you’re obligated to make a legal commitment when you visit our site. However, in any case, if you don’t accept or agree with them, you’re requested to leave the site because any use, other than in agreement with these user terms, is unauthorized.
- We welcome everyone to visit and browse our website. If you’re interested in offering services and access to other features on this website, you’re required to register an account and become a member for free.
- It’s the buyers’ responsibility to choose the right freelancer that meets their requirement. Besides, they also have to ensure that all aspects of the services including their scope, the number of revisions available, and turnaround time meet their needs. In order to ease the workflow for freelancers, every buyer is requested to give a full job brief by providing as many details as possible. It’s also the buyer’s responsibility to make sure that the brief is comprehensive and clear.
- If the buyer requests a freelancer to use additional assets owned by a third party (eg. stock photos, videos or other materials), the buyer should bear the additional cost on top of the agreed charges. Besides, freelancers are highly advised to guide buyers on how to license these additional assets when necessary.
- All prices stated are charged in Malaysian Ringgit (RM). Buyers are responsible for any costs incurred with currency conversion or bank charges.
- In order to ensure safe transactions, buyers are required to make payment by using the methods offered by Crazy Ants. An invoice and receipt will be issued to you and the payment will be held by Crazy Ants until the job is closed.
- A job will be considered as “closed” when:
- the freelancer has delivered his/her works to the buyer for approval;
- the buyer is satisfied with the job done;
- no dispute is raised within 7 days from the date of job completion; and
- If a dispute occurs, Crazy Ants will conduct the dispute resolution process and the related freelancer and buyer should participate until the issue is resolved.
- All prices are inclusive of GST. Freelancers should provide a tax invoice to buyers upon request.
- 20% of the revenue freelancers earned from every job will be deducted as a “platform fee”. The charges will be utilized to operate and maintain the website and platform facilities we provide to all users and registered members.
Dispute Resolution Process
- We believe that all buyers and freelancers are mature adults and we encourage them to settle conflicts among themselves through rational communication. However, if the issue is not being able to resolve, please contact your designated project manager.
- If an issue occurred, you may raise a dispute within 7 days after job completion. We will investigate each dispute, make decisions and take action to execute our decision (such as making payments or partial payment and releasing content) at our sole discretion.
- Buyers should ensure that the final works are delivered as promised within 7 days after job completion under the services agreement. It is the buyer’s responsibility to ensure they have received all the materials before the job is marked as closed as no dispute will be entertained after this.
- If a dispute is raised by either the freelancer or buyer any time before the job is closed, we will put the payment on hold until the dispute is resolved. Payment shall be released depending on the results of the dispute.
- Crazy Ants is responsible for handling conflicts happening internally (communication via the designated Whatsapp/ Facebook Messenger group). Communication that is done externally (out of the designated Whatsapp/ Facebook Messenger group) is out of our jurisdiction and we hold no responsibility to any of the events that happen.
- We reserve the authority to resolve the dispute in favour of the other party if you do not provide answers to our questions or fail to participate in the dispute resolution process.
- The refund will be made via the original payment method once a dispute is resolved in the buyer’s favour.
- Crazy Ants holds no responsibility for any liability to a dispute and the outcome of any dispute resolution process.
- Please acknowledge that the dispute resolution process is not a legal process. Hence, Crazy Ants does not, and cannot provide legal advice or action to resolve a dispute. When necessary, you’re free to seek legal advice even though you’ve agreed to use the dispute resolution process.
- You’re free to reject or decline the decisions we make. All your legal rights will be retained. However, we also reserve the right to suspend or cancel the membership of members that do not use this process fairly in our point of view.
- If you wish to use this website, you’re committed to promises made to other members and Crazy Ants. You should promise that you:
- use your true identity;
- are 18 years old and above;
- protect your confidential membership details (such as login password);
- are responsible for all access and activities conducted on the site as a result of using your membership details;
- are reasonable, polite and respectful when communicating with Crazy Ants team and other members;
- fully participate in the dispute resolution process.
We Own Our Intellectual Property
- We own all the content published on our website (unless otherwise stated). The intellectual properties include designs, compilation and look and feel of the site, copyrights, trademarks, and other contents published on the website. We claim ownership of all the trademarks, logos, service marks and trade names that we display on the website (unless otherwise stated).
- You’re strictly prohibited to copy, distribute, modify or make derivative works of any of our content or utilize any of our intellectual property in any way not expressly stated in these user terms (or otherwise allowed by law).
You Own Your Intellectual Property
- Please ensure that you own or possess the appropriate rights to use everything that you submit via the website. This includes everything that you post, send or make available to other members and Crazy Ants including all files, assets, communications, and materials. You must also ensure that the use of your content will not infringe someone else’s rights and that no further permissions from a third party are required regarding your content.
- For the purposes of operating the site and providing the platform facilities to all members, you should consent and grant Crazy Ants a license to publish, copy, and communicate your content on the website. Please be noted that your content will only be available publicly if you post it on public parts of the website. All communications, conversations, and content delivered between freelancers and buyers are strictly not viewable by others.
- Freelancers should grant buyers a broad license to the materials used to create the content even though freelancers own or retain rights to the pre-existing materials. Freelancers shall assign all materials created specifically under the agreed brief to buyers.
- For the purpose of cross-promoting the website, you should consent that we may publish and copy any reviews and public comments you make on any websites run by Crazy Ants.
- In order to fulfil our marketing purpose to promote Crazy Ants that will also be beneficial in promoting your services, you should consent that we may utilize your images or other media published on Crazy Ants. If you do not wish to do so, please submit your request in writing.
Things you can’t do
- You must agree not to:
- use an invalid email address, impersonate others, or misrepresent your affiliation with others;
- attempt to gain unauthorised access to computer systems or content through the site;
- attempt to contact other members through the site or use any information gained from the site with the intention to make a private arrangement that would otherwise be made using the site;
- make your contact details public on the site or in any communications via the site. Contact details include your email address, street address, Skype name, and phone number (but not social network handles);
- enter any arrangements that are not consistent with these user terms or the services agreement;
- engage in automatic gathering of information from or through the site (such as “database scraping” or harvesting of email addresses);
- attempt to interrupt or alter the site’s operation in any way (for example through sending mass unsolicited messages, “flooding” servers, or introducing a virus, time bomb, trojan horse, worm, cancelbot or other computer routines);
- use the site or any of its content in a way that violates applicable law, that violates the intellectual property or other rights of us or others, or that is fraudulent, obscene, unprofessional, offensive, misleading or defamatory;
- disclose information about any other member that you obtain via the site that is reasonably regarded as confidential or marked as confidential; or
- modify, reproduce, display, publish, distribute, copy, transmit, perform, license, create derivative works from, transfer, or sell or re-sell any information, software, products, or services obtained from or through the site other than in accordance with the rights provided to you under these user terms or a services agreement.
We’ll Always Be Here
- Crazy Ants is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Our site will run maintenance, technical repair or other reasons occasionally that may interrupt or suspend your access. We will issue a notice prior to the interruption to avoid any inconvenience caused. However, we do not gain control over the availability of services or service providers.
Our indemnity to you.
- Crazy Ants provides a platform for freelancers to offer services. Thus, we are not freelancers. Therefore, we are liable and solely responsible for:
- our use of the site;
- the services, message, content, software or other information we send through the site;
- our breach of any intellectual property rights belonging to others;
- our breach of these user terms;
- our breach of the freelancer additional terms; and
- our breach of any industry code, regulation or law that applies.
- We agree that all users are indemnified and not responsible for all claims, liabilities, costs, expenses (including legal fees) and loss of Crazy Ants.
Your indemnity to us.
- You are liable and solely responsible for:
- your use of the site;
- any services you buy or provide through the site;
- the services, message, content, information, software or other materials you send through the site;
- your breach of any intellectual property rights belonging to others;
- your breach of these user terms;
- your breach of the service provider additional terms; and
- your breach of any industry code, regulation or law that applies.
- You are accountable for all claims, liabilities, costs, expenses (including legal fees) and loss to any other person when such an issue arises. You must agree to indemnify us, our directors, officers, employees, and agents from all financial claims.
- We reserve the right to assume the exclusive defence and control of any matter otherwise subject to indemnification by you at our own expense. In such a case, you consent to cooperate with our defence of such claim.
- Before you register as a member, purchase or provide any services, you should carefully study and assess whether Crazy Ants is the platform that suits your needs. Everything on the site provided by us is given on an ‘as is’ basis and without warranties, either express or implied. We do not guarantee or promise that your access to the website is free from interruption, errors, defects, viruses or other harmful components. We make no promises regarding your access to the site, or the results of your access, in terms of correctness, accuracy, timeliness, completeness, reliability or otherwise. In addition, we are not accountable for any loss claimed or incurred by you or others as a result of any lack of availability.
- We will conduct an internal review to examine the past works of every freelancer before they are accepted as one. However, it’s the buyer’s responsibility to ensure the services provided meet their specific needs. We do not formally endorse freelancers and their services. Besides, we also do not have control over anyone else’s business, representations, or the quality of their services or content. Hence, we’re not responsible for anything provided by other members. Please use the dispute resolution process to solve an issue or a conflict if you’re not satisfied with a buyer, a freelancer or a service. Crazy Ants is not the freelancer and we do not have any type of insurance.
Refund & Order Cancellation
- If a buyer has a change of mind and requests a refund on a job that has been started but not yet completed, the buyer needs to raise a dispute. Crazy Ants will conduct a dispute resolution process to assess the claim.
- No refund is allowed on a job that is marked as closed. However, if a buyer insists on a refund, he/she is welcome to submit a claim to Crazy Ants Support Team. Once the claim is received, we will conduct an investigation to assess claims based on the merits of freelancer and buyer, with regard to the digital nature of the materials and services as well as communications between both parties before closure. However, if the job has been closed and the freelancer has terminated his/her membership on Crazy Ants, and cannot be contacted by the buyer, no payment will be refunded.
- Crazy Ants holds no obligation to refund a service if the buyer:
- changed their mind about the services;
- purchased the services by mistake;
- does not have sufficient expertise to use the materials (unless the services did not meet the requirements of the brief); or
- asked for goodwill.
- Orders are not eligible to be cancelled based on the quality of service/materials delivered by the freelancer if the freelancer delivered as per the client’s brief. Order cancellation will not be done based on personal taste.
- Each case will be reviewed carefully by us in order to come out with the most appropriate action. We can cancel orders that were made by mistake but will always check if the order is tied to an ongoing service to protect our freelancers.
Crazy Ants’ Authority to change, investigate or terminate
- We reserve the right to amend, change and delete the user terms any time. However, we will provide reasonable explanations and notice periods (if applicable) when we do so.
- We hold the authority to conduct an internal review and checking on your content and your content will be removed for any reason at our discretion. Reasons might include quality assurance, dispute resolution, and others where applicable. If we suspect that the use of your content is unauthorized, misleading, incorrect, offensive, in breach of anyone else’s rights, or your use of this website may cause a liability to Crazy Ants or other members, we may investigate any job, allocate monies in certain circumstances and may freeze funds (for reasons such as our investigation of potential fraud) in our sole discretion.
- Your membership could be terminated any time for any reason if you are against the user terms of freelancer’s additional terms.
- In order to ensure the correct use of the website, appropriate actions will be taken to investigate any job or service.